Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spit-up


the doctor said it was reflux--whatever that means.
so you've heard they give medication for that, but i bet you didn't know that it doesn't help with the spitting-up. all it does is help with the acid--which i guess is a good thing. my throat should feel a little better, so perhaps i won't cry as much.
I have jealousy for other babies (as do my parents) because i can't do a lot of normal things.
tummy time is very limited (as in never, only when my parents are brave and want to clean up lots of spit-up).
every position except on my back someone holds a rag in front of me (for good reason, i will 9 out of 10 times spit-up).
sleeping on mom or dad is out of the question.
cuddling doesn't work.
being lifted above my parents head will have to wait.
sure, i like the bumbo, but ten seconds into sitting--i end up sitting in a wet pool.
i have to change my clothes ALL THE TIME.
bibs do nothing (they are helpful with the drool that is frequent nowadays, but spit-up is a totally different ballgame).
first thing i do when i am put into my car seat is spit-up. did you know that the holes for the shoulder straps go all the way through? and my aim is perfect every time.
i am not aloud on any furniture unless it is wipe-able or i have a blanket down.
i have hit inside moms shoes at church more times than i can count.
ANY kind of activity brings consequences.

i could go on.
doctor said this lasts up to 9 months. can't wait to see what spit-up and peas looks like...

on a better note, i am 4+ months. i am as strong as ever. 15lbs 8oz, 26 1/4 inches long, and healthy overall. i sleep from 8pm to 7am with a 4:30 snack. i have lots of friends and will be going to the beach in a few days. and i like being carried in a front carrier.

me and mom


me eating chicken alfredo...


me walking to go get a toy...



ok...so those last two were jokes.

5 comments:

JDS said...

Dear little Jack,

You are adorable! The blog header picture you have chosen reminds me sooo much of your Mommy! You must have your Daddy's sense of humor though. I'm sorry you are having health problems. It happens to the best of us, this too shall pass!

Lots of hugs,

Aunt Jill

Briana said...

boo for spit-up and reflux - oh how we hates it, precious!

hang in there guys - all that spit up is no fun! but jack is still really cute! :)

Liz said...

The only good thing about spit up is that is doesn't last . . . although nine months sounds like forever right now, it really isn't! I promise, you won't still be spitting up when you go to kindergarten!!!

danniey said...

Calvin had reflux really bad too, so we know what you're going through! It lasted until about 15 months! Even now, when he's almost 2, it happens ocassionally. Hang in there, Jack! You'll be grown out of it before you know it!

Amy said...

Cole has been having really bad spit up and relux, so a friend recommended taking him to the chiropractor. After 4 visits the spitting up decreased a lot and there is a chance it could go away entirely after 6-8 visits. If your health insurance covers it, its worth a try. They are very gentle with the baby, just find a dr that has experience.