Monday, January 17, 2011

Happily Swaddled

When I slept as a child, I would go to bed in one position and wake-up in the exact same place. Making my bed as a teenager was a cinch--I slipped under the covers at night and slipped out in the morning only having to smooth the comforter a little.
I recently tried swaddling Jack (REAL swaddling, not just wrapping him tightly in a blanket)--and holy cow did he respond.



(his hair is puffy because I just gave him a bath--puffy hair makes him look like an old man)

7 comments:

Me said...

CUTE! Now I understand what the scriptures meant...your kid is seriously adorable.

Briana said...

yay for sleeping!!

jack and his puffy hair and contented sleepy face are killing me! he is too cute!!!

Megan said...

Oh my, he has changed so much already!! He is just getting cuter! I love it when they loose the newborn look and start to get chubby little nursing cheeks and rolls on their legs. :)

Amy said...

But a very cute old man. I should have you teach me how to do real swaddling. I've never been able to get it.

Jenny said...

You are lucky that he loves that! None of my kids really liked the swaddling thing. Totally does not make sense, and I always wished they would! He is sooooo cute! I love the pictures!

Liz said...

So what's the verdict among those you've seen him? Who does he look like? I think I see a little of Kristi in those pictures! Very cute!

Christy said...

you'll have to teach me about this swaddling thing sometime. neither of my kids really responded, but i think it's because i never did it right. hooray for finding something that works!