Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines

(Danny bought him this shirt--thought it was appropriate for Valentines Day)




For a few weeks Danny and I joked about watching Jurassic Park for Valentines Day. Just because it would be just about the most non-romantic thing possible.

Instead, he didn't go into work because he was pretty sick--and I am still getting over whatever I got in Utah. We ended up spending the whole day in our pjs, reading, napping, and holding Jack.
Jack doesn't do so well in the evenings--not his happiest time. So aside from walking and rocking him, we managed to get in steak, What's Up Doc (kinda romantic), and I made little chocolate cakes.


All in all, very different from last year--but it was a treat to spend all day together.

Funny what a kid does to you.

Jack is starting to "talk" a lot now. It is fun to chatter oohs and ahhs back and forth.

7 comments:

Briana said...

yep, funny indeed what a kid'll do to your life. :)

fun that you got to spend the whole day together, but lame that you guys are sick! sorry! we told you you were going to get the gift that keeps on giving to take home with you. :) seriously though, i hope you guys are feeling better soon!

those chocolate cakes look so moist and delicious. mmmmm!

JDS said...

He is getting so big! I still can't decide who is looks like more. In one picture I see all Danny, but in the next I can see more Kristi! So much fun watching him get older!

Megan said...

I agree with Jill. In fact she pretty much said what I was going to say. :) He is growing so fast and I love how each time you post pictures he looks different. And also he is a good mix of both of you! I love all the cute little faces they make when they are little, along with the cute little sounds they make!

Me said...

Cute shirt! Sounds like a nice relaxing day. Hope Danny is feeling better! You guys rock!

Liz said...

Love the shirt . . . very reminiscent of one Danny had back in the day :)

Sorry Danny's sick, but I'm glad you were able to spend the day together.

I love it when baby's start talking! So fun!

Jack said...

Mom...
Danny still has that shirt.

And still fits into it.

Christy said...

that shirt is totally awesome.

yep, kids sure change the holidays, and pretty much every aspect of your life. it's not always rosy and romantic, but of course the package deal is much better.

the cakes really do look tasty!