Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Why I am Vain

So... here I am. I was threatened with my life that if I did not create a blog that I would die (or rather I would not have any friends). So in lieu of that scare--welcome me to Blogger. I don't really know what I am going to put on here...isn't it a little selfish that I have a page all to myself? I thought so too--but I love Jill too much to deny her the favor. Thus I am reveling in all the vanity and will probably post 50 pictures of just my face (love digital. Thanks Laura). JK. I wont do that unless I really go insane.
Currently I am sitting in my dad's kitchen listening to oldies looking at the rainclouds out the sliding glass door. Recently, I am enthralled with the clouds. I have always loved the sky, but being in Utah there are only two options--sunny or gray. But here (where I started my infatuation with the sky) there are so many variations--sunny, dark and cloudy, light and cloudy, misty, partly cloudy, etc. Partly cloudy at night is probably one of my favorites--it is so interesting. I love sunrises and sunsets as well. With clouds...wow. I have nothing more to say!
I love nighttime. I am not sure why--perhaps because of the heightened senses and excitement, or perhaps because it is when humans sleep and I feel like a rebel being awake and outside at that time. Whatever the reason--I live for the peace of the night. It is my time when nothing is scheduled and I get to be free. (Do I sound like a caged bird?--I do feel a little that way sometimes...).
I'm sharing a room with my little sister, Katie, who is almost 18 months old. That only lasted for a week. I am internally selfish and she liked to chuck her empty bottles across the room in the general direction of my sleeping body. One night I threw it back (softly) into her crib. Big mistake. Now it was a game. In the morning when she wakes up, if she thinks that I am asleep she will lie down again. If I move or make a sound she sits up and says "wasat" (what is that). No good--I can never fool her, then she will beg me to get her out of the crib and play with her. One morning I was sleeping facing her and I woke up and she was looking at me and saw my eyes open and that was it. The begging started that morning at 5am (4am my time). One morning I just rolled over and put a pillow on my head. She didn't like that. To make an unnecessarily long story shorter, neither of us were getting any sleep--so I packed my bags and moved downstairs to the couch. Both have us have been a little less grumpy since then. Eh...I don't hold it against her--what girl wants to share her room. Look at my track record! Kenny and I shared a room until I was in first grade--since then (with the exception of my first year at BYU--sorry Jami) I have had my own room and have been very happy with the results of selfish alone room-time. All's well that ends well. Sharing ended well.
Ill get to the research another time. I need to go to bed because I last night I read until 4:15am. It was great. The book The Host by Stephenie Meyer came out yesterday and I went to Walmart to buy it. Then I decided to not stop reading after my dance class. Thus it was a long wonderful night of reading. I don't like to stay up that late (er...early rather) very often...but the occasional night of reading, talking with dear friends, or being silly is--I have decided--is healthy. Makes you appreciate the long nights of sleep. Now, growing up there was a rule that my mom made--she had to make it because both Kenny and I would read late into the night. She said that we were aloud to read as long as we still got up in the morning, did the things we were supposed to do, and that we were absolutely not grumpy or short with anyone. I think that this was a smart way to make us happy people--because we were even nicer to people on these days in fear of breaking the rule. If she could get us to do this every night--we would never be aloud to be grumpy or angry. Man that woman is full of wisdom (I just figured this out...like 10 minutes ago). What a woman (more on that on Sunday--the official Mom Day).

Ok...time to go to bed/couch. Love you all and am actually glad I have a place to write my stream of consciousness (aside from my neglected journal).

3 comments:

JDS said...

Now I must commend you for starting something new, AND for following Directions(positive reinforcement). It sounds like Katie is just getting more and more fun, minus the keeping you awake deal. It is good to see your thoughts and hear your voice (in my head). Call me whenever, I feel like we haven't talked forever!
Love ya sis!!!!!

Megan said...

i agree with jill- reading your writing makes me feel like i am listening to you! You always have been a good writer you know!

Melissa said...

Your post made me laugh ! I so appreciate the throwing bottles story ;)